These are the top healthy brain foods...
1. Blueberries helps improve your memory and they are rich in antioxidants. I take them for breakfast with some high fiber cereal. I love them and eat them daily. They're also motor function, balance, and coordination. This is my number one brain food.
2. Salmon is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. My father had Alzheimer’s disease so I eat salmon once in a while. I love its tenderness and taste. Couldn't live without those good looking salmon eyes ;-).
3. Flax seeds are crammed with ALA. It's a healthy fat that aids the cerebral cortex in functioning better. I grind it and pour it into my protein shake I drink every day. So delicious with my whey powder, psylium, and chia powder.
4. Coffee I never drink. But research shows that one or 2 cups a day is good for the brain. I do drink Hibiscus tea with raspberries and enjoy the taste. If you love coffee drink it in moderation and without sugar added extras. You know what I mean the sweets and fat. It does help your belly waist nor your brain.
5. Mixed nuts I love. Especially almonds and peanuts. Pecans and walnuts are also good. They help for fighting insomnia to promoting mental clarity and strong memory. Walnuts are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids while almonds contain natural mood-enhancing neurotransmitters.
6. Avocados I don't eat because of the fat content. But it's a healthy brain fat and reduces blood pressure.
7. Eggs I love for the protein. It's the egg yolk that is rich in choline that improves your memory function. Although they are not good if you suffer from high cholesterol levels.
8. Whole grains I love to eat with oatmeal and cereals rich with high fibre content. Great for circulation and bowel movements.
9. Chocolate I eat the 85% rich cocoa chocolate bars. Took me a while to get use to the taste but now I find I like it. It is a rich antioxidant that improves focus and concentration.
10. Broccoli I love it when it's crunchy and cooked just right. Looks like it slows the aging process, keeps you young and agile. Don't know about all that keeping me young stuff but it's delicious when cooked my way - steamed, tender and crunchy.
Just Imagine Your Success and Do It Now,
- Pierre Provost